Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Personalized gift cards

We get occasional "On the Spot" instant bonuses at work, usually around $50, and you can pick what kind of gift you want - usually I select a Visa gift card. Once you log on and verify the code number, you have the option of adding a personalized message to the card face, which I did.



I got zero response from any vendor to whom I presented the card. My friends thought it was funny, but I guess all the merchants' sense of humor has been ground down to nothing.

I know what you're saying - "$48? I thought you said $50?!" Yes, it is a $50 gift minus a $2 processing fee for the privelige - nay, the honor! - of getting one of their cards. Lame.

3 comments:

khickman said...

So you would have to spend your 48 bucks at a rate of $8/week before it expires. Leapin' lizards! Who do they think you are, Daddy Warbucks or sumthin?

Trey said...

I know! $48 is pretty much the entire mp3 catalog at allofmp3.com.

Another thing - imagine the embarrassment of getting a $2 On the Spot award!

Anonymous said...

Hey, at least it is a Visa card... My current (soon to be ex) employer gives out gift cards for a local grocery store.

Sure, everyone needs groceries.... and you can take the grocery $ you save using the gift card and us it one something else...

But come on!!! "You've done well this year. Merry Christmas! Here's your $25 Albertson's gift card."

Sheesh....