Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Dr. Pepper factory/museum

This weekend we happened to be in Central Texas and we stopped by the Dr. Pepper Museum and Bottling Factory...place...in Dublin, Tx.


If you haven't had a Dublin Dr. Pepper, you don't know what your missing. That's pretty obvious, since there's no way for you to know if you haven't had one. Maybe you've heard of one? Seen one in Phoenicia Middle Eastern Deli or Rudy's Barbecue?

If you knew that Dublin is the last place that actually makes Dr. Pepper with Imperial sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup, then maybe you do know what you're missing. Or maybe you think you know, but are still hesitant to take the plunge and, uh, be a Pepper?

Anyway, I'm normally not a Dr. Pepper fan, but I love Dublin Dr. Pepper, as it is known. I can tell a difference in taste, and it is great! The bottles have migrated down here and maybe farther - one can also order them online. The real treat is Dublin Dr. Pepper from a fountain. It's really, really good, but I've only seen it in the towns surrounding Dublin.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

With the name Dublin, I say they should be spiked with some aged Irish Whiskey! IMHO....

Trey said...

I thought that with Dublin Dr. Pepper, I would get twice as much.

Anonymous said...

very nice....

Anonymous said...

I've heard there's no period after the r in Dr, but the sign in your photo indicates otherwise.