Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Model fight!

My friend and I are having a 3D modelling challenge. It won't be your typical challenge, as we aren't modelling the same thing.

My topic will be...robots! Specifically, I'll be designing a robot factory (interior, exterior views) along with multiple lines of robots (helper, combat, transport, etc).

My goal is to use SketchUp for all 3D modelling; rendering is still up in the air. 3D Studio MAX + Vray, Modo, or some of the free renderers will be explored.

Our goal is to have no less than weekly updates on progress, ideas, rough drafts, hurdles, workarounds, techniques, etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like fun....

I would do it in Maya I think, maybe lightwave. Then render it with Renderman. Well maybe mental ray or just plain lightwave.

This will be fun to watch.

JMR