Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Wife Acceptance Factor decreases as number of speakers increase....

I have an amazing, wonderful wife. She's not as into electronics, gadgets, etc, as I am. We just got a new receiver and 7.1 speaker system. I'm thinking, "Totally sweet." She's thinking, "What's up with all these wires?" A 7.1 setup has rear right and rear left, as well as two center rear speakers that 5.1 doesn't. My goal is to hide as many wires as possible, and I'm not sure if I'll use a track that covers them, lay them behind the baseboard or pull the carpet up.

I'm going to build the speaker stands for the rears instead of mounting them to the wall. They'll be wedged behind the couch, so I'm not worried about stability, and I'd like to have the opportunity to move them around if necessary.

No comments: