Thursday, May 11, 2006

Chinatown, part 3, part 2


Did I say I went to Chinatown? I meant Lucky Chinatown. My bad!

We stopped in a curio shop to ask about a few things. They had all kinds of things, from nice chopstick sets to antiques from historical dynasties.



Either those 40's are starting to hit us or there is some ancient opium residue in these pipes. Wait.... Super hot day, sweating to beat the band, cold beer. It's alimentary, my dear Watson! (My apologies, Mr. Bond)

Here's a view of one tiny section of shops from a walkway across a street. Imagine these shops everywhere.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should pick up a pipe...you know for your collection...
;-)

JMR

Anonymous said...

Where's a pic of these 40s you're talking about? Do they have a version of Mikey's there?

Trey said...

The 40s are down the page, where Brandee and I are at the table. Nothing like Mickey's, but Heineken, Carlesburg, Guinness, Tiger, Hoegaarden at the restaurants, then Singha (one of my favorite light beers), Asahi (also really good light beer), etc in cans at hawker stands.

Anonymous said...

you call those 40s? Sad, just sad.

Trey said...

Well, almost one liters!